Some time ago, when I was shooting Singapore skyline from Helix Bridge, I got approached by a guy asking me if I have an Instagram account. I said no, then he told me that he was gonna follow me.
Last week in Bali, when I attended a wedding of my good friend Daniel who is also a photography enthusiast, he was chatting with the wedding photographer, then the photographer went onto asking him, “What’s your Instagram account?”
Then, just yesterday, when I was shooting Singapore skyline from Esplanade area, a tourist asked me to take a photo of him with the skyline as a backdrop. We chatted for a while, and he asked me, “Do you post your photos on Instagram?”
This is how popular Instagram is today, but I’ve never had an account. It’s not that I hate it or anything, but I’m just tired of the thought of running another social media account (as I’m already on Tumblr and Twitter ).
Besides, social media today have largely become a tool for instant gratification and ego boost. 😅 I guess I’d better spend time doing something else than starting another social media and craving attention and validation. 😅
Most importantly, I’m not out there to impress people. I’m going to live my real life…
Updated on 29 July 2022 from Singapore.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)